Career Central is a fantastic careers programme which UHC makes available to all its students.
Students log in to Career Central and complete modules which are based around the Career Management Competencies of Self-Awareness, Opportunity-Awareness, and Deciding and Acting. Students can update their responses in the modules anytime should their answers change. Using this programme students can:
- Identify personal qualities, interests, career values and skills.
- Browse, research and store jobs that they think will suit them.
- Indicate intentions for the following year, including subjects they are considering or tertiary education.
- Indicate interest in other programs (e.g gateway, taster courses, and trade academies.)
- Create a CV.
- View their interview notes.
- Message the Careers Advisor, book an interview, or make a request (e.g a reference for a job).
- Explore resources and opportunities such as event invitations, relevant notices and links to useful websites for further information.
- Set personal, education, and careers goals.
Log in here to get started.